[P2P-F] lack of sharing in OSE ..?

Devin Balkind devin at sarapisfoundation.org
Tue Aug 30 04:35:41 CEST 2011

David, if you friend me on facebook - devin balkind - I'll invite you to a
more appropriate conversation about gifting/alt currencies.  Please send a
few links or a short bio as I'm supposed to introduce people before inviting
them.  I'm not a fan of private facebook groups but sometimes you have to go
to where the people are.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:49 PM, David Collins <david at indigo.uk.to> wrote:

> Eli, Devin, & Michel,
>
> Thanks for your e-mails and feedback - and apologies for the delay in
> responding.
>
> I acknowledge that what I wrote in that context was perhaps somewhat rash -
> and I apologise if it was out of
>  line. In all honesty, I think the OSE project is an ingenious idea - and
> it has opened my eyes in certain r
> espects.
>
> I also realise that Marcin - or other organisers - do make an allowance for
> the possible development of a "resource-based economy". The author(s)
> mention the possibility of a sort of "New economics" in the OSE
> specifications -
> http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/OSE_Specifications#Point_by_Point .
>
> On the other hand, it is already evident to me that many (or perhaps most)
> of the people involved or interested in OSE have little or no interest in a
> "gift economy" (I have reservations about that term, but let's overlook that
> for the moment). See this thread for example:
> http://forum.opensourceecology.org/discussion/318/why-get-rid-of-money .
>
> So, although I would be happy to engage with and learn from the community
> and perhaps contribute at some sta
> ge, I don't believe it is necessarily the most appropriate community within
> which to be discussing the afore
> -mentioned ideas.
>
> Sincerely
> David Collins               GPG id 646C8A43

Devin Balkind
Director, Sarapis Foundation
devin at sarapisfoundation.org
@devinbalkind