[P2P-F] lack of sharing in OSE ..?

David Collins david at indigo.uk.to
Tue Aug 30 00:49:06 CEST 2011

Eli, Devin, & Michel,

Thanks for your e-mails and feedback - and apologies for the delay in responding.

I acknowledge that what I wrote in that context was perhaps somewhat rash - and I apologise if it was out of
 line. In all honesty, I think the OSE project is an ingenious idea - and it has opened my eyes in certain r
espects.

I also realise that Marcin - or other organisers - do make an allowance for the possible development of a "resource-based economy". The author(s) mention the possibility of a sort of "New economics" in the OSE specifications - http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/OSE_Specifications#Point_by_Point .

On the other hand, it is already evident to me that many (or perhaps most) of the people involved or interested in OSE have little or no interest in a "gift economy" (I have reservations about that term, but let's overlook that for the moment). See this thread for example: http://forum.opensourceecology.org/discussion/318/why-get-rid-of-money .

So, although I would be happy to engage with and learn from the community and perhaps contribute at some sta
ge, I don't believe it is necessarily the most appropriate community within which to be discussing the afore
-mentioned ideas.

Sincerely
David Collins               GPG id 646C8A43