[P2P-F] non-aligned or re-aligned intelligentsia

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Aug 23 14:31:05 CEST 2011

I wrote this in a private email, but what do you think of this hunch:

generally speaking, the concept of non-aligned intelligentsia could somehow
apply to people like myself ... or the p2p foundation and similar groups as
a new type of platform-based 'collective intellectuals'

people on those platforms come from different political directions, yet
somehow find a common ground in being both critical of mainstream
capitalism, but also against a too collectivist tradition as perceived in
the left ... (and yet we are not anarchist either ...)

for example, what makes me (and others) able to have a dialogue between a
postmodern anarcist, a conservative social-christian distributist, a
progressive Mormon 'Zionic' social economy advocate and still many other
tendencies ...

what makes the indignados so effective, yet at the same time rejecting any
associations with unions and labour, and what about the pirate party and
anonymous ...

food for thought, I think there is a new kind of alignment around some kind
of shared cooperative individualism that is both distinguishable from
neoliberal atomistic individualism and state-centered collectivism ...