[P2P-F] introducing mutualist visions of property

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:36:15 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Michel Bauwens
<michel at p2pfoundation.net> wrote:
> http://libertarian-labyrinth.org/booklets/LeftLiberty-02-2up.pdf
>
> Dear Kevin,
>
> is there any chance that you could introduce this special issue to our p2p
> blog, writing for people not familiar with the theoretical underpinnings of
> 19th anarchism, and also introduce the 'two-gun  mutualism' project, i.e. a
> marriage of the individual and the collective?

Thanks, Michel.  I'll try.  But Shawn Wilbur's historical treatment of
mutualism is more dialectical and more nuanced than my nuts-and-bolts
economic approach (which is much closer to the American individualists
clustered around Benjamin Tucker).  I have difficulty getting a solid
grasp on his development of an "anarchism of approximations" based on
the principle of mutuality, and exactly what he means by it.  I'm
cc'ing Shawn, because he might want to provide you some comments by
way of introduction.

Kevin
--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism