[P2P-F] barcelona 15m hub calls for participation, including by p2p-f friends

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Aug 1 16:22:06 CEST 2011

see: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=228692007173174

15-18S Hub Meeting
by Quod LiBe Tat <https://www.facebook.com/QuoDLiBeTaT> on Monday, August 1,
2011 at 7:04pm

Dear friends and mates,

For those of us who have experienced 15M movement firsthand, last weeks have
been intense. Our daily life has been happily colonized by radical and
diffuse political practices, which has been capable of initiating the debate
and showing the advanced state of decomposition of representative politics
and its servility to economic interests.

Today, new mobilizations are occurring in many places which continue with
the long fall of fighting and struggle against austerity policies and the
later spring of revolts in

blossom in Iceland and the Mediterranean shores.

Next autumn, lots of real conflicts will cross the world. Attempts to stop
radical and democratic movements in the Arab world, and the sanction of
austerity policies in Europe, are the closest examples to us. But we know
they are not the only ones. We are experiencing together an attack to global
society which targets existence as to make it precarious in the name of a
very restricted and dominant elite interests.

In the European frame, all these austerity and cutting policies directly
affect the foundations of different forms of the European welfare state,
which in spite of their differences are the result of many previous
struggles. The rights we currently enjoy were not granted by the dominant
political class throughout the time. It was social movements, as the
proletarian, which achieved the incorporation of a more human and fair
perspective of society through mobilizations and other actions. Nobody has
given us anything for free; we cannot tolerate anyone to snatch the
political and social conquests accomplished so far. We have a historical

legacy to defend together.

Because of these reasons, we are working, from the different DRY (Democracia
Real Ya!) nodes, on the global mobilization on October 15th against
austerity policies and to build real democratic practices from the bottom
up. We would like October 15th to be a territory, inhabited and shared by
many people, colectively built, where we can denounce the crisis of power
and start building concrete alternatives against material conditions and
precariousness of lifestyles.

We consider this to be done through meeting and debate among multiple
networks, social movements and processes, which are challenging power
arrogance in this common struggle cycle. That is why we propose building up
a meeting together  from 15th to 18th September. A kind of Hub Meeting where
we can talk about this cycle of mobilizations and find possible connection,
collaboration and convergence joints between the struggles in which we are
taking part.

Because of all above stated, we offer, from Barcelona, to provide the
necessary infrastructure which  allow us to carry out the meeting and
therefore to be able to share analysis, perspectives and strategies to
design together a long fall against a global power which each and every day
seems, in our opinion, closer to its own twilight.

The different networks, groups and movements, which want to take part in
this meeting, will be also able to organize parallel and autonomous meetings
everyday. They will have access to the necessary logistic means as places to
gather and accommodation, etc (yet to determine)

To make the set-up of this meeting the most collective possible, we suggest
that you use, as a shared space, the group “15S Hub meeting”:

https://red.democraciarealya.es/pg/groups/59275/15s-hub-meeting/

To access this tool you must first log on at
https://red.democraciarealya.es/  and join the “I” team where the “15S Hub
meeting” subgroup is enabled.

As a first way to organize preparatory work, we suggest the following
categories: Participating Groups and Networks; Contents; Working
Methodology; Logistics and Calendar.

Participating Groups and Netwroks:      a list of participants with a brief
introduction.

Contents: collecting proposals of workshops and issues threads.

Methodology: proposal and discussion of working methodologies with the tool
online and  for the meeting itself.

Calendar: organization of days and times of the meeting.

Logistics: available and necessary resources to carry out the activities and
their management.

If you are interested in participating, we’ll appreciate if you can send us
an email to 15ShubMeeting at gmail.com in order to construct a list of
participants (and their networks) and to planify the resources that we need.

Hoping to meet you in Barcelona, and on the net,

Best wishes,

DRY Barcelona

DRY appears in January 2011 as a citizen mobilization platforms coordinator
within a context influenced by the silent Icelandic revolution, the Arab
spring and the European mobilizations cycle against austerity policies,
which are being implemented as an excuse for their necessity in the context
of the current economic and financial crisis, which affects all of us. In
this frame, DRY called for a first demonstration last May 15th (15M) to
denounce that “we are not merchandise in bankers and politicians hands”.
With this mobilization, the precarious ones -workers, students, pensioners,
inmigrants...- and different social groups took politics back from the
violence of Capital. DRY has actively participated in the “#acampadas”
(campsites) movement. DRY supports and actively works on the building up of
mobilizations on October 15th on a global level.