[P2P-F] [video, FSW] cool video by Markus of Project Danube

Markus Sabadello markus.sabadello at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:41:26 CEST 2011

Hi P2P people,

Thanks for the interest in my video and my Project Danube!

The video is based on ideas by Doc Searls of Project VRM (
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/vrm/), who has been arguing for a while that in
traditional vendor/customer relationships the vendors enjoy a vast asymmetry
of power, and in their interaction use terms like "binding/acquiring/selling
customers" etc. I remember him calling this the "language of slavery".

I felt very inspired by him and ended up making the video, which displays a
fictional conversation between two people in power. My own contribution is
to extend Doc's idea from vendor/customer relationships to any type of
hierarchical structure, including political systems and client/server
network architectures.

Now looking back at this video which I did last year, I find it maybe a bit
immature, but I think there's still some truth in it :)

Thanks for your invitation to present my Project Danube on your wiki, yes I
will be happy to do that!

greetings
Markus
--