[P2P-F] Fwd: [GiftEconomy] couchsurfing

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 13:20:14 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: [GiftEconomy] 'Emerges'? How about 're-emerges'?
To: gifteconomy at lists.gifteconomy.org

Since couchsurfing is mentioned,
and also ( capitalist ) enclosure related to sharing,

it may be of interest to have a look at

http://www.opencouchsurfing.org/

"Couchsurfing could go commercial"
http://www.opencouchsurfing.org/2011/04/20/couchsurfing-com-could-go-commercial/

http://allthatiswrong.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/a-criticism-of-couchsurfing-and-review-of-alternatives/#fraud

<http://allthatiswrong.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/a-criticism-of-couchsurfing-and-review-of-alternatives/#fraud>see
the evolution of how "donation/verification" money is being spent within the
not for profit to support the causes it supports,

and the amount of money that may be set aside :

http://www.couchsurfing.org/mission_and_vision.html?link=organization_finances.html&title=Finances

2009 ( over a million dollars )
http://www.couchsurfing.org/organization_finances_2009.html

2008 ( nearly eight hundred thousand dollars )
http://www.couchsurfing.org/organization_finances_2008.html

2007 ( three hundred thousand dollars )
http://www.couchsurfing.org/organization_finances_2007.html

2006 ( hundred thousand dollars )
http://www.couchsurfing.org/organization_finances_2006.html

2004 ( two thousand dollars ) ; 2005 ( nearly thirty thousand dollars )
http://www.couchsurfing.org/organization_finances_2004_2005.html