[P2P-F] does urban farming make sense?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:56:30 CEST 2011

this is from our companion list on urbanism, and seems to me, a too
simplistic take on the issue,

what kind of arguments can be brought to bear on such a hostile attitude to
urban farming?

my own intuitive sense  is that, though certainly by no means a panacea,
regrowing food is part of regreening of the city, sustainability, autonomous
production, community formation, and the like, and therefore, overall, a
positive development, certain in the context of possible future food
shortages,