[P2P-F] Why Fukushima made me stop worrying and love nuclear power

Rafael Pezzi rafaelpezzi at ionscattering.org
Tue Apr 5 14:07:48 CEST 2011

Folks,

I am sorry, but the guy who wrote this article does not understand the
risks involved with what is happening in Japan. Unfortunately few people
do. The information is not open, and this is a major problem. The IAEA
knows that it is lacking transparency.

Next week I will invite the scientific community that has the tools to
identify even trace elements of this radiation incident to build an open
database to be populated with environmental information. Then anyone
with a web browser will be able to navigate though a map and find how
radioactive (and non-radioactive) materials are spreading through the
planet. My suggestion can be found at
http://www.iba2011.org/site/tiki-index.php?page=Round+Tables

I hope that maybe some people from this list may have some experience
with or know open scientific portals that works on this kind open
collaboration idea. If anyone does, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rafael