[Centre] draft

Cubitt S.R. S.R.Cubitt at soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 5 14:29:43 CEST 2011

>I've just returned on deck as it were - the weekend went catching uyp
>with other commitments

Claire, our finance officer, asks "Do you have any figures re the
contribution that P2P are going to be making to this proposal?" --
clarifying that this is in-kind, such as the infrastructure Franco has
been provising for international partnerships; and possible time given by
stakeholders in P2P Foundation. The same question could be asked of
others, eg can they allocate say half a day a week from one person (in UK
higher ed parlance one day is 20%, half a day is 10%, and we can go to 5%
- for example a month of work during the whole period for a specific
project or conference)

I will be including the following phrase: "Dr Graeme Earl is chair of the
Digital Economy University Strategic Research Group. The DE USRG will
articulate connections between the Centre and the wider digital economy
expertise and digital industrial contacts of the University of
Southampton."  -- e-mail address: Earl G.P. <graeme.earl at soton.ac.uk>

Volker asked on Thursday 11/08 "I have not approached Google or OSI.
Should I try? Does anyone have good contacts with them? The only personal
contact I have is with Vera Franz at OSI. I could contact someone at
Google Germany, but that might not work for a project in the UK." It would
be fantastic if you could approach them - in the case of Google germany
perhaps to ask for a contact in Google UK?

I am (after a struggle with the printer) now about to read everyone's
comments and changes; and will ensure as many more get in as possible.
Claire is refining the financials, hoping to secure the whole 20% from
Southampton; Sussex financials will also be ready for the submission
deadline

On broadband I can secure participation of IBES Institute for a Broadband
Enabled Society in Australia; and we have a major materials science /
computer science project here o next gen broadband. What we should
probably add is the mobile internet and internet of things -- does anyone
have good contacts with any mobile providers or say Sony Ericson, who have
been very interested in Internet Protocal TV; or do any of us have links
with Skype??

All the best

Sean

PS metamute are on board