[Centre] Michel and Volker at Winchester

Volker Grassmuck vgrass at rz.hu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 6 11:08:39 CET 2011

Great, Sean. Thanks for making this happen and for inviting me. This is going to be fun. I  look forward to exploring how to cooperate with Lueneburg where the focus is moving images and one of the research areas is peer structures.

See you soon.

Best,
Volker

Am 05.12.2011 um 17:35 schrieb Cubitt S.R.:

>> Sorry for the late announcement but getting the event to occur has been a
>> matter of constant small adjustments.
>
> Volker will be here on the night of the 8th (Michel arrives later the same
> night from a previous engagement). For operational reasons here at the
> School, the talk has to be at 12.00 midday on the 9th. I propose that
> those of the consortium who can be here come to lunch after the talk, then
> spend the afternoon in discussion of future plans for peer-to-peer
> research collaboration. We can then go for dinner with those who are able
> to stay
>
> Here is the announcement for the talk
>
> Looking forward to welcoming you here
>
> Sean
>
> THE WINCHESTER CENTRE FOR GLOBAL FUTURES IN ART DESIGN & MEDIA
>
> Invitation for all to attend the next talk in our new Global Futures
> Speakers' Series, Friday, 9 December 2011, 12:00 ­ 13:00 in Lecture
> Theatre A at WSA:
>
> Title: "P2P Economics  = Shared Innovation Commons + Mutualist Phyles?"
> Speaker: Michel Bauwens (founder of the Foundation of Peer-to-Peer
> Alternatives)
>
> Patterns that prefigure a horizontalized future: If the current political
> economy's DNA is based on combining false material infinity with
> artificially maintained scarcity, can we imagine a future political
> economy where this polarity is reversed? Given an increasing amount of
> evidence collected by the P2P Foundation and other research collectives,
> we believe that humanity is already actively preparing such a
> transformation. We'll review the evidence for a major social phase
> transition. What will be the place of the state, the market and civil
> society in such a scenario?
>
> "Michel Bauwens is the founder of the Foundation for Peer-to-Peer
> Alternatives and works in collaboration with a global group of researchers
> in the exploration of peer production, governance, and property. He has
> co-produced the 3-hour TV documentary Technocalyps with Frank Theys, and
> co-edited the two-volume book on anthropology of digital society with
> Salvino Salvaggio. Michel is currently Primavera Research Fellow at the
> University of Amsterdam and external expert at the Pontifical Academy of
> Social Sciences (2008, 2012). Michel currently lives in Chiang Mai,
> Thailand, has taught at Payap University and Dhurakij Pandit University's
> International College. He is a founding member of the Commons Strategies
> Group.In his first business career, Michel worked for USIA, British
> Petroleum, riverland Publications, Belgacom, and created two internet
> start-ups." - from: http://p2pfoundation.net/Michel_Bauwens/Full_Bio

> Centre for Copyright and New Business Models in the Creative Economy
> Wiki space: http://p2pfoundation.net/projects/doku.php/centre:start

——
http://www.vgrass.de/
http://waste.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~Grassmuck/