[ourproject-public] Nxiously directed toward Alabama, upon whose decision would to a g

Winterberg Tollefsen centrism at recruit.com.tw
Sun Aug 23 20:22:54 CEST 2009

No,' without the feelings of one standing before a great prophet--some
marvellous earthly ancient of days, who foresaw all to come: 'Di la
fosti cotanto quant'io scesi: Quando mi volsi, tu possasti 'l punto
Alqual si troggon d'ogni parte i pasi.' 'Thou wast on the other side so
long as I Descended; when I turned thou didst o'erpass That point to
which from every part is dragged All heavy unbalance!' It was well
thought by Monti that, had this passage been noted by Newton, it might
have given him a better hint than the falling apple. Perhaps it did, for
Newton was no poet, and it is the poetic, associative-minded men of
genius who have always preceded the greatest, strictly scientific minds,
and far surpassed the latter in the comprehensiveness of their views.
Bear with me, ye men of Induction, for I believe in the coming age, at
whose threshold we even now stand, when ye and the poets shall be one.
The Marquis of Worcester was not like the indifferentist philosopher, so
well set forth by Charles Woodruff Shields in his _Philosophia
Ultima_,[4] as one who would not invade, but only ignore the province of
revelation, regarding its mysteries as matters entirely too vague to be
taken into the slightest account in hi