[Musix-usuarios] [LAA] Musix GNU+Linux 3.0 RC1 released!

Marcos G. marcos en ovejafm.com
Sab Nov 2 15:23:19 CET 2013

On Saturday 02 November 2013 04:43:14 david wrote:
> On 11/01/2013 07:52 AM, Marcos G. wrote:

> >> The text installer insisted on mounting a CD.
> >
> > oh, shit: I will try later.
> >
> > I tried the gui installer here in an old Pentium 4 and it worked for me
> >
> > what's the error for you about the gui intaller?
> >
> > some users reported that they installed Musix 3.0 rc1, so maybe we are
> > watching a particular error, not a general one.
>
> Where would the GUI installer be?

You should choose it from the isolinux boot menu

see

http://musixdistro.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/install.jpg

> The only install option I saw on the
> GRUB boot was text install.

very weird! just scroll down?

> When running Live, I didn't see any install
> option anywhere.

it does not has that option, you must choose install from the boot menu

> I've going to download the complete RC2 before I continue, just in case
> RC2 fixes some other issues (like freezing at the text screen 2 steps
> after entering run level 2).

Mmm... I dont know, I would think that if you can install RC2 you can install RC1

> Have to unplug the netbook and remove the
> battery to recover from that - no response to power button or keyboard.
>

> Thanks for the info about isohybrid, will try that approach.

You should try that: it solved "my" problem, so it should work for u2.

Please, report