[Musix-usuarios] Musix not installing from USB [SOLVED]

Marcos G. marcos en ovejafm.com
Sab Nov 2 05:16:50 CET 2013

On Friday 01 November 2013 14:36:39 david wrote:
> On 11/01/2013 07:35 AM, Marcos G. wrote:
> > and I forgot to ask you:
> >
> > why couldnt you install it using the text installer?
>
> The text installer insisted on mounting a CD.

Hi, :-D

It was just an isohybrid related problem, see:

http://musixdistro.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/musix-gnulinux-3-0-rc2-released/

Installation

The recommended method is burning a DVD and install from there. If you dont have a DVD device and
only can boot from USB pendrive you need to:

1) execute: isohybrid file.iso

2) copy the ISO image to the USB memory:

cat file.iso > /dev/sdX

...usually /dev/sdb [warning, this will erase all your files on that device]

3) sync

(to flush  kernel filesystem buffers) and

4) just reboot from the USB pendrive and choose install.

Or refer to Debian installation for USB.

(you can use it for rc1 too...)

Please, report, thanks!

--
                   Marcos Guglielmetti