[Musix-usuarios] Re: firewire support for m-audio ozonic

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Mar Mayo 27 12:23:07 CEST 2008

El Martes, 27 de Mayo de 2008 14:44, julian.brooks en virgin.net
escribió:
 | Hey Marcos,Big props for Musix, bloody excellent work!

Thanks, I am fowarding this email to the development mailing list and
to the spanish language users, the crew and friends will be delighted
(i hope my english would be good enought to express my ideas :S )

 | I'm doing
 | some work in a school that has the new(ish) white imacs (not 64b).

What kind of work? I am really interested.

 |  All good apart from the soundcard.  I have checked that it is
 | supported with Freebob but it just aint working.

I can see

install ok installed libfreebob0

And, asking help to the jackd app, I tells us:

 "jackd --help
jackd 0.109.2
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

usage: jackd [ --realtime OR -R [ --realtime-priority OR -P
priority ] ]
             [ --name OR -n server-name ]
             [ --no-mlock OR -m ]
             [ --unlock OR -u ]
             [ --timeout OR -t client-timeout-in-msecs ]
             [ --port-max OR -p maximum-number-of-ports]
             [ --debug-timer OR -D ]
             [ --verbose OR -v ]
             [ --clocksource OR -c [ c(ycle) | h(pet) | s(ystem) ]
             [ --silent OR -s ]
             [ --version OR -V ]
             [ --nozombies OR -Z ]
         -d backend [ ... backend args ... ]
             The backend can be `alsa', `coreaudio', `dummy',
                                `freebob', `oss' or `portaudio'.

       jackd -d backend --help
             to display options for each backend
"

So "-d backend [ ... backend args ... ]
             The backend can be `alsa', `coreaudio', `dummy',
                                `freebob', `oss' or `portaudio'."

Did you tried -dfreebob ?

Then I see

 /usr/bin/jackd -R -p128 -t2000 -m -d
freebob -dhw:0 -r48000 -p512 -n2 -s
Unknownage with option 's'
Options for driver 'freebob':
        -d, --device    The FireWire device to use. Format
is: 'hw:port[,node]'. (default: hw:0)
        -p, --period    Frames per period (default: 1024)
        -n, --nperiods  Number of periods of playback latency
(default: 3)
        -r, --rate      Sample rate (default: 48000)
        -C, --capture   Provide capture ports. (default: false)
        -P, --playback  Provide playback ports. (default: false)
        -D, --duplex    Provide both capture and playback ports.
(default: true)
        -I, --input-latency     Extra input latency (frames) (default:
0)
        -O, --output-latency    Extra output latency (frames)
(default: 0)
        -i, --inchannels        Number of input channels to provide
(note: currently ignored) (default: 0)
        -o, --outchannels       Number of output channels to provide
(note: currently ignored) (default: 0)

Here it fails, maybe bacause I dont have such devices:

/usr/bin/jackd -R -p128 -t2000 -m -d freebob -dhw:0
jackd 0.109.2
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
Ieee1394Service::initialize: Could not get 1394 handle: No such file
or directory
Is ieee1394 and raw1394 driver loaded?
Fatal (devicemanager.cpp)[68] initialize: Could not initialize
Ieee1349Service object
Fatal (freebob.cpp)[69] freebob_new_handle: Could not initialize
device manager
FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
cannot load driver module freebob
Violación de segmento

 | Any ideas will be
 | much appreciated.  WE are running in livecd mode btw.All good
 | wishes, JUlian

I hope it can help, and, PLEASE, report anything, thanks!

--
Marcos Guglielmetti - www.musix.org.ar

* "Debate sobre Educacion en Informatica: martes 20 en la Direccion
General de
Cultura y Educacion, La Plata. VIDEO
http://media.ututo.org:14888/Movies/Musix/Eventos

Actividades que sería bueno seguir realizando:

* Dialogar con gremios docentes y centros de estudiantes.

Decile NO! a la privatización de la educación en Argentina

0. "Plan de alfabetización digital en base a Software Libre"

1.  Informate: http://educarsincadenas.com.ar

2. Te interesa?
Unite! http://groups.google.com/group/alfabetizaciondigital/

3. Conocés alguien a quien pueda interesarle?
Debemos llegar a los gremios docentes, no-docentes y centros de
estudiantes
---------
Colaboradores en prensa y difusión del software libre en general:
http://salta.org.ar/wiki/bin/view/SoftwareLibre/SolarPrensa