[Musix-usuarios] Nueva apariencia para los botones de PHASEX

Carlos Sanchiavedraz csanchezgs en gmail.com
Vie Jun 27 11:45:38 CEST 2008

En la lista de LAU alguien ha hecho una nueva apariencia para los botones de
PHASEX bastante interesante. Parece que no sería dificil instalarlos (más
bien copiarlos)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: pete shorthose <zenadsl6252 en zen.co.uk>
Date: 2008/5/18
Subject: [LAU] dial/knob animations
To: linux-audio-user en lists.linuxaudio.org

hi

i was just sorting out some of the vastness of junk that accumulates on my
system and i ran across these knob animations. i made them a while
ago but never did anything with them.

i called it a dot knob because rather than displaying some sort of
radial meter (in addition to the position indicator), the value is
indicated by the intensity of a dot in the center.
there are two variations, the first uses colour intensity, the second
spectral intensity.

it's very small, which can be useful. it also gives a very good instant
impression of the overall state of the controls. i'm not entirely convinced
that it's practical to use though.

still, you can find them here:

http://www.zenadsl6252.zen.co.uk/dotknob/

i setup phasex to use them and shot down some screens:

http://www.zenadsl6252.zen.co.uk/dotknob/glow-dot-knob.png

http://www.zenadsl6252.zen.co.uk/dotknob/spectral-dot-knob.png

i haven't got any idea what kind of licence is appropriate for
3d source files or the resultant animations, at least not with
regard to how they interact with software licences, so they are
public domain.

cheers,
pete.

--------------------------------
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:00:38 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips en woh.rr.com> wrote:

> pete shorthose wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > i was just sorting out some of the vastness of junk that accumulates on
my
> > system and i ran across these knob animations. i made them a while
> > ago but never did anything with them.
> >
> > [snip]
> Hi Pete,
>
> Hey, those are really nice ! I'd like to add them to my own build of
> Phasex, how would I go about it ?

Hey Dave. if your build isn't much different to 0.11.1 then something
like this should suffice:

 wget
http://www.zenadsl6252.zen.co.uk/dotknob/spectral-dot-knob_100_frames_31x31.png
 sudo cp spectral-dot-knob_100_frames_31x31.png
/usr/local/share/phasex/pixmaps/knob.png

using which version you prefer and your phasex installation prefix.
then, re/start phasex :)

it determines the dimensions and number of frames from the image,
with the proviso that the frames are square and concatenated from
left to right.

this mean you can use blender to rerender the sequence in any
(reasonable) size and just copy them over the installed files to
use them. same goes for any other similarly structured animations.

at the time, i intended to submit another patch to add recoloring
and a file chooser for the animations but then i intend to do an
awful lot of things these days and subsequently don't.
i'm not sure that Will Weston (phasex author) is currently available
to approve patches anyway.

if you are not au fait with blender and want some specific changes
to the animations, just give me a shout and i'll see if i can oblige
at all.

hope that helps.

--
Carlos A. Sánchez Gª-S (Sanchiavedraz)
* Usuario / Colaborador de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre