[Musix-usuarios] We need some kind of update-grup that could work with another installed systems

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Sab Mar 31 15:12:40 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

	I am the project leader behind Musix GNU+Linux, it's a Knoppix-Debian based
distro for artists.

Knoppix-installer cant find another GNU/Linux systems so, for instance, if you
have an Ubuntu or Debian system into another partition, menu.lst will not be
made to recognize that, so the only system to choose will be Musix.

We need a scrip that could make that job: detect at least Debian-based distros
into another partitions and add those kernels to /boot/grub/menu.lst

So we were watching your update-grub, but it was made to work just for Debian
systems into the current root partition, not no look for another systems,
etc.,

So:

Do you know about some script that could make a menu.lst file looking at
another systems into another partitions?

or:

Is threre an easy way to modify update-grub to do that? there is some work in
that direction?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre

«No te tomes en serio nada que no te haga reír» [un amigo de E. Galeano]