[Musix-usuarios] Re: research project based on musix

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Mar Jun 12 03:37:37 CEST 2007

El Viernes, 8 de Junio de 2007 15:19, Florian GOURMELEN escribió:
 | Dear mr

Hi, I am really sorry about the long delay: too much work here.

 | My name is florian gourmelen and I am currently doing a research program
 | in the LISYC laboratory in Brest (France), which has developped a server
 | which enables two keyboard to synchronised each other through internet.

WOW

 | As
 | we saw your musix cd, we thought it might be a good chance to mix your
 | full range of music programs with our server, allowing users to perform a
 | virtual concert as well as to record themselves.

Incredible!

 | As I tried to add the
 | application to your live cd, I got the following issue: our server is
 | based on java1.5 however, your current version of musix seems to have the
 | version 1.4 which is not compatible with our server.

Mmm... I only see:

apt-cache policy java-common
java-common:
  Instalados: 0.25
  Candidato: 0.25
  Tabla de versión:
 *** 0.25 0
        500 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org etch/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

 | I tried to update
 | java, but I am stuck with libraries dependencies (xlibs cannot be
 | installed).

How did you tried it?

It's your java extra software free software as in freedom? In tha case you
could make a backport for Debian/Stable distros like Musix, or search for
packages for Debian/Stable, maybe the exists

Also, we can help

 | I'd like to know if there is a new version under construction
 | including java 1.5 or newer, or if you could help me with this issue.

Musix is trying to release a Live-DVD now and an updated version of Musix 1.0
Stable, called R3.

Then, we will go to Debian/Unstable/Testing, but it will be in 3 or more
months from now.

 | yours faithfully
 |
 | florian gourmelen

Just tell me if we could help you, it sounds very interesting, Regards,

--
     `&'
      #           Marcos Guglielmetti