[Musix-usuarios] Re: [Freepats] Acoustic piano soundfont (released)

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Mie Abr 11 14:09:26 CEST 2007

El Sáb 10 Mar 2007 18:07, Roberto Gordo Saez escribió:
 | Here it is, a soundfont using IMIS samples:
 |
 | http://zenvoid.org/i/audio.html
 |
 | I've deleted most samples, because it was very hard to get a minimum
 | balance in all of them at a time, and also I've noticed that many
 | original samples can't be used because they contain noticeable clicks
 | or noises... as a result, size is reduced to only 38MiB.
 |
 | Currently it does sound OK on simple compositions, but it clearly
 | fails with others more complex. There is much to do until it can be
 | compared to the quality of some proprietary soundfonts. Before
 | downloading, you can listen to the provided example music to decide if
 | it is suitable for your purposes. I'll try to keep that page updated,
 | and to add more examples and comparisons.
 |
 | The soundfont is built with the new pysf utility by Ben Collver (thanks
 | for providing support for stereo samples, Ben), so it is very easy to
 | get lower quality soundfonts when needed, using a script.
 |
 | This is a "to do" list for the soundfont:
 |
 |  - Volume envelopes, adjust volume across samples so they are neutral.
 |    This is a huge task, and can make a big difference in quality when
 |    done right.
 |
 |  - More layers are needed. Currently, only mp (medium) samples are used.
 |    Using ff (strong) and pp (very soft) samples with different
 |    velocities would produce more realistic sound.
 |
 |  - Put more (all?) samples per octave in the greatest quality version.
 |
 | Probably I won't be able to ever complete those tasks alone, so if you
 | are reading this and are interested in having one day a quality
 | free/open instrument set, please, help.
 |
 | Marcos... are you there? ;-)

WOW!!!

yes I am here!!

But I am finishing Musix 1.0!!!! ant it was/is a VERY hard work!!, and I read
this today, I cant believe it, today I was thinking "we need to make this
piano SF2" (!!!)

So... I will test it when I could, and I will introduce it to the Musix's
repositories as soon as possible, to make it installable by apt-get (sorry
about my ridiculous english)

And, yes: I want to help in making this SUPER piano SF2 better, also, we
really need a light version, just 2mb or so, and a hi quality version with 3
layers, we need it!!

I dont know nothing about Pysf version 2.

I will try to see all those things later, maybe in one month

"Available at the following locations.
http://terrorpin.net/~ben/docs/alt/music/soundfont/pysf-2.zip
http://terrorpin.net/~ben/docs/alt/music/soundfont/pysf-2/"

eehhhhhhhhh.... but I think I will test and upload your sf2 piano to
ourproject today or tomorrow ;-)

keep in touch, please

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre

«No te tomes en serio nada que no te haga reír» [un amigo de E. Galeano]
... tampoco sigas al pie de la letra ninguna de estas frases...