[Musix-usuarios] Re: [Jackit-devel] odd noise when JACK is in DUPLEX mode (maybe solved!)

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Vie Oct 27 00:00:30 CEST 2006

El Jueves, 26 de Octubre de 2006 22:17, Lee Revell escribió:
> On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 16:01 -0400, Federico Grau wrote:
> > Hello Marcos,
> >
> > I hear this same behaviour with jackd 0.100.0 .  This definitely seems to
> > be a duplex issue, if I start jackd for only playback it does not occur
> > (not a solution but a hack workaround).
> >
> >     /usr/bin/jackd --realtime --temporary --driver alsa -P --rate 44100
>
> What sound driver?

snd_emu10k1

> Do you get the same results at 48Khz?

No: at least not yet: I was trying Ardour 0.99.3 with 18 tracks and several
plugins with JACK in DUPLEX mode, and ¡the odd noise didn't sounded! wooo!

But it's an 1 hour test, I have to test it better. Thanks

By the way: is this a known bug in JACK?

BTW2:  Note: for those people who use for instance Qsynth + zynaddsubfx, do
not forget to change the Qsynth Setup --> Audio --> Sample Rate, if not, you
will have tunnig problems

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre