[Musix-usuarios] Re: [Musix-users] Problems with 0.49

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Mar Jun 27 01:07:32 CEST 2006

El Lunes, 26 de Junio de 2006 17:29, julien bodd escribió:
> Hello,
>
> with the knxinstaller I finally ran into the same problems again..

Ok

> I performed the steps, you Marcos, told me.
>
> It indeeds seems to be a KDE/DCOP problem.

Mmm.. that's almost a mistery for almost anyone in the cyberspace :(

> When I log as root, it is the same, 50% of the times I cannot log into KDE,
> and those times rosegarden and kile (a kde frontend for latex) don't work
> at all.
>
> I launched rosegarden from a terminal, and it says at the end :
>
> kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
> ---------------------------------
> It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
> that it is not already running, remove /home/julien/.DCOPserver_julien__0
> and start dcopserver again.
> ---------------------------------
>
> KDE Daemon (kded) already running.

Maybe the problem is related to some device that is not working right, because
the KDE Daemon "controls" every file in the system (in every hard disc, etc.),
so, if the device is not working well, Kded could lock...

Could you send us a procces list (when it happends)?

ps -A > file_to_attach_ps.txt

> (In that case, the rosegarden logo window appears and get stuck in
> "initializing")
>
> So I rm -rf /home/julien/.DCOP* , rm -rf /root/.DCOP* and the same for
> .ICE* and launched again rosegarden. In that case it says :
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/iceauth:  creating new authority file
> /home/julien/.ICEauthority
>
> and get stuck there.

How are the permissions into this folder?

To see:
ls -lah /home/julien/.*

To mail us:
ls -lah /home/julien/.* > file_to_attach_ls.txt

> So I ctrl-c and renew the cmd and I get :
>
> kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
>
> and it gets stuck there.  (without any logo window)
>
> Attention ! in the last step it does not get always stuck..if once it gets
> unstuck..then it will never get stuck again it that session.

Ok, also, where you using sudo?

> Anyway, "kile" does not work at all.
>
> Any idea ?

Give us those files, please

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre