[Musix-users] Help with translations

Ariel Errera mandame.spam.aca at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 22:31:02 CEST 2011

Hi:

2011/6/30 Jerzy Gładczenko <ijglad at gazeta.pl>:
> Hi !
>
> Thanks a lot for your kind advice.
> I have learned quite a few things how to operate the terminal.
> Your instructions were followed accordingly.
> Everything went right until no. 8: running the script, which was evidently
> not done?!
> When I opened afterwards icewm folder, I found both files menu-old and new
> the same without translation.

Maybe the new menu was different but in english. That's because I
forgot one important step involving locales, my mistake.

The idea is that the script automatically translates the menu to the
current locale language. By default musix starts in spanish, english,
portuguese or french (these are the ones available in the boot menu).
So we need Musix to start in polish to have your menu translated in
that language.

The steps to achieve this are not difficult but involve a bit of more
of command line editing.

Do you have your system in english or in polish? If you have in
english (in icewm you can verify this easier *) I'll give you
instructions to make polish language available at boot time.

* another way to verify your locale configuration is by typing in a terminal:

locale

if you see pl_PL.UTF-8 UTF-8 your system is in polish, otherwise we
need to change it.

> What is worse, after computer further restart I found all the previous
> changes cancelled and only the original attachment copied to /home/musixuser
> remained in place.
> Thus I have realized again, that Musix2 in live mode even on usb stick, but
> without persistent property could not be corrected, ev. tested etc.
> I could try to install again Musix2 in live mode on usb, but I need the
> detailed instructions how to make it as persistent!

I'm not really experienced about working with persistent mode. But
I'll ask for advice to other members of the dev-team.

> So I kindly ask for further help and advice.
>
> Best regards

Best,