[Musix-users] Musix 2.0 Sound Problems

Clinton Tinsley clintin at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 17:30:05 CET 2009

I have tried both the live DVD mode on a HP ZD8000 laptop and installed on a MSI FX3000+ system, I cannot get any sound on either one of these computers.  I don't get any errors, run noatun and the it plays MP3's but no sound on the laptop.  On the desktop, basically the same thing but looking at the jack control, it won't start and I don't have anything in the "Audio Tab" but in the Alsa Tab, it does show my Creative Labs SB Live! Platinum (CT4760P) card.  Below is the error messages from JACK Audio Control on attempting to start it.  New to Musix, hoping for some help on this.

Thanks.

ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 16bit
little-endian
ALSA: got smaller periods 2 than 3 for capture
ALSA:
cannot configure capture channel cannot load driver module alsa
08:47:43.452 JACK was stopped successfully.
08:47:43.452 Post-shutdown
script...
08:47:43.452 killall jackd jackd: no process killed

08:47:43.870 Post-shutdown script terminated with exit status=256.
08:47:45.183 Could not connect to JACK server as client.
- Overall
operation failed.
- Unable to connect to server. Please check...