[Musix-users] hello

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Tue May 1 00:05:32 CEST 2007

El Lun 30 Abr 2007 22:18, Sean Edwards escribió:
 | On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 15:02 +0200, Marcos Guglielmetti
 |
 | wrote:
 | > Note: it should be:
 | >
 | > xorgmusix dma lang=en noapic acpi=off nomce nopcmcia
 | >
 | > (english is not necessary, because when you start
 |
 | with xorgmusix, you must
 |
 | > type lang=xx)
 | >

 | > Crash? freeze?
 |
 | The monitor goes black, the power light starts
 | blinking, and the power
 | supply fan shuts off.  So, I would call it more of a
 | crash.
 |
 | > Weird: here I can load any number of Zynaddsubfx
 |
 | with rosegarden and hydrogen,
 |
 | > I have an AMD Duron 1800, 384 RAM memory, SB Live!
 | >

 | > MMm... here with 384 RAM memory works fine, and with
 |
 | 256 should work fine too.
 |

 | Like I said, it is a very touchy and tempramental
 | device.  I do not know
 | exactly what the machine type is, but it is an IBM
 | NetVista, Pentium 4
 | 2Ghz with 768mb RAM.
 |
 | My "production" Musix PC's are an eMachine with a 1Ghz
 | Duron and 768mb
 | RAM, and a Compaq AMD Duron with 768mb RAM.  Musix
 | runs just fine on
 | those.
 |
 | This is slightly off topic, are there any plans for a
 | Musix for PPC? I
 | have a PowerMAC G3 Blue and White just begging to make
 | some music!

No, there is not plans, but just because we dont have this hardware, if some
one could donate something like this, we could make it ;)

We will make a donation system as soon as possible,

regards

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre

«No te tomes en serio nada que no te haga reír» [un amigo de E. Galeano]
... tampoco sigas al pie de la letra ninguna de estas frases...