[Musix-users] Re: Musix-users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:09:45 CEST 2007

El Viernes, 1 de Junio de 2007 16:46, Karolis Doksas escribió:
 | > Musix --> Configuration --> PCINFO
 | >
 | > or: open a konsole, and type pcinfo.sh as root user
 | >
 | > Thanks
 | >

 | > here it is atteched. i get random errors, languge suppose to be english,
 |
 | but usualy it loads spanish.

That's because in the first boot of the live-cd you did not choose another
language? see the menu.lst kernel options now:

dma ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=es keyboard=es xkeyboard=es
apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet nocache nopreload
BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix alsa BOOT_IMAGE=linux lang=en acpi=off

It must be:

dma ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=en keyboard=en xkeyboard=en
apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet nocache nopreload
BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix alsa BOOT_IMAGE=linux lang=en acpi=off

Wait: there is something bad here: there are 2 "lang=*" mmm.. weird

At least, change /boot/grub/menu.lst and just leave:

dma ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=es apm=power-off vga=normal
initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet nocache nopreload BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix alsa
BOOT_IMAGE=linux acpi=off

By the way: it's really weird that half of apps crashes, nobody reported such
a behavior...
 | half of app does not work, GRUB crashes,
 | errors 15, 17, 23 and more.

Well... an advice: wait 2 or 3 days until Musix 1.0 R2 will be on the net,
download it and try it

Ok, lets separate the problems: GRUB crashes: i dont know, what does it means?

Did you checked your filesystems? maybe

xorgmusix repair

(as a boot argument from the live-cd)

could help.

Another issue:

When I see the kernel arguments in the pcinfo.txt

dma ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=es keyboard=es xkeyboard=es
apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet nocache nopreload
BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix alsa BOOT_IMAGE=linux lang=en acpi=off

I think that you started Musix in a bad way: musix lang=en?

That's not the way to do it, you must type:

english dma

or

xorgmusix lang=en dma

Into Musix 1.0, you can also type