[Musix-users] language en, sound card problems

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 05:15:39 CEST 2007

El Viernes, 13 de Julio de 2007 16:39, joseph klitzke escribió:
 | Greetings Musix users
 |
 | I just installed Musix and I like it. But some
 | problems.
 |
 | 1 Sound cards will not load up properly I have
 | to load manually every time.  | And only one
 | sound card at a time?

Did you readed this page?:

http://www.musix.org.ar/en/download.html#Sound

After this step, also, you can add more soundcards at boot time by adding the
modules into /etc/modules-2.6.21 (or "/etc/modules*kernel-version*")

For instance, you can add:

emu10k1
snd-pcm-oss

if you have an SB Live.

 | Alsaconf in boot shows errors
 | evertime

Yes, its seems to have no real effects, I dont know why it does it, it started
when we changed the kernel and alsa-modules, but if you dont have problems
using teh soundcard's functionalities, just dont look at this errors.

If you need better help about it, subscribe to:

 | I boot what modules config files is used?

/etc/modules-2.6.21

 | 2 How do i change the lang to english in mc [midnight
 | commander]
 | and every where else. I changed the boot opintion to
 | lang=en that dident change everything I suspect
 | code pages but where

Di yout choosed your language from the KDM's menu? "
 kdm manages a collection of X servers, which may be on the local host or
 remote machines. It provides services similar to those provided by init,
 getty, and login on character-based terminals: prompting for login name and
 password, authenticating the user, and running a session. kdm supports XDMCP
 (X Display Manager Control Protocol) and can also be used to run a chooser
 process which presents the user with a menu of possible hosts that offer
 XDMCP display management.
"

KDM is the screen that you see before starting a desktop session, so, you can
select English-Musix-IceWM from the KDM's menu, or KDE, etc.

Did you started it this way?

 | 3 I want to use dual monitors, using a nvidia fx 6200
 | card I my have to down grade
 | is anyone using a Matrox g550 card with dual monitors
 | the mga xorg driver supports it  or how
 | about the radion 9200 card xorg driver also
 | supports dual monitors I could swithch
 | cards I want the most stable system with xruns
 | at a minumum. I dont need 3d if its going to effect
 | xruns
 |
 | I really could use some help on this

I dont understant if you want to buy another video card or you just want to
use the one you have.

There are 2 users into the spanish mailing this using dual monitors, we could
ask them, do you want me to ask them? But, first, i must understand which
videocard do you want to use. Thanks

 | Thanks jk

     `&'
      #    Marcos Guglielmetti, co-director de
      #   Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre para artistas
     _#_       http://www.musix.org.ar
     (#)
    / O \    + archivos: ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix
   ( === )   Ecología: http://autosus.wordpress.com
    `---'    Personal: http://marcospcmusica.wordpress.com

Bender: (hablando dormido) "Matar a todos los humanos... Matar humanos...
Matar a todos los..."
Fry: "¡Bender, despierta!"
Bender: "Estaba soñando con una cosa maravillosa... ¡Creo que salias tú!"

http://es.wikiquote.org/wiki/Futurama