[Musix-users] Re: [Rosegarden-user] Another song using Rosegarden 1.4 and Ardour 0.99.3

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 01:45:24 CET 2007

El Jue 18 Ene 2007 22:22, Marcos Guglielmetti escribió:
> Hi,
> Link:
> ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/audio/Cerca_de_mi_voz-M_Guglielmetti_M
>usix.ogg
> I used Rosegarden 1.4, Hydrogen 0.93, Zynaddsubfx 2.2.1, Qsynth 0.2.5-1 and
> Ardour 0.99.3 into Musix GNU+Linux.
> It will be licensed as CC http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/

Hi, just to add some info and resourses:

> Hello John Russell:
> > This is really very good.  Nice work.  Can I ask how you did this?
>
> Yes, sure, and thanks
>
> > Specifically what effects/plugins/tricks did you do to the vocals?
>
> Well, I will upload them NOW so people can play with them
>
> I will free all the material: synths patchs, rosegarden "MIDI" sequence,
> hydrogen patch (colombo drumkit, downloable now from
> ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/deb), and ardour session (without the
> wav files, but you should open it and see the chains of effects)
>
> Done:

 ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/audio/cerca_de_mi_voz_resources

> You can record a voice into one of the ardour's tracks into this session:

ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/audio/cerca_de_mi_voz_resources/cerca_de_mi_voz.ardour

> and see how does it works
>
> > They sound really good and professionally done.
>
> Thanks. the mics are really cheap ones
>
> > Not just the
> > performance but the recording.
>
> All MIDI but the voices... the drum is my acoustic drum, sampled and loaded
> into hydrogen
>
> > I've been playing around with my new
> > firepod -> ardour and I'm trying to figure out what mix of plugins
> > work well for vocals/acoustic guitar/keyboard etc.
>
> Mmm... CAPS and TAPS series are the best ones. Also, try "GATE"
and "Multiband EQ"

MMm, also, I used a cheap Phonic MU 802 mixing console to plug the cheap mic.
I recorded all the song in 3 hours and mixed and mastered it in 1 or 2 hours
(but I was thinking about it for months ;-) )

For sure: the effects chains for voices and other instruments are
hardware/style/taste/noise, etc dependent (clerk, I dont know how to say it
in english, sorry)

I used a GATE because the hardware produces a bit of noise: I used a multiband
EQ for some voices because I dont have a condenser MIC. Also, i used a
de-esser plugin because of the loud ssss (a recording problem, a hardware
problem)

But Compressors like SC4 or delays and reverberators were used just because I
like it's sound, a matter of taste... SC4 was used to make the voices
audibles "all" the time

Finally, into audacity I just limited the MIX using Fast Lookahead limiter (+
3 db)

Well, that's "almost" everything about effects

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre