[Musix-users] Installation methods

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 03:44:23 CET 2007

El Dom 18 Feb 2007 02:27, w a y n e escribió:
> Q1: Whats the difference between Beginner and debian install?
>

> Q2: Is it just the auto hardware detection?
> _

Well, we use a remastered version of Knoppix, we remastered Knoppix to make
Musix

Knoppix is an old system, some things made for knoppix now are out of date.

I dont really know exactly the differences, but, I know that when the
knoppix-installer was made, the Debian method didn't used to autodetect
hardware in the startup process after install.

So, the knoppix people made the Begginer and Knoppix install and boot up
method: they are almost like the live-cd boot method, so, if you put your
harddrive with Musix installed on it, into another PC, it will work: because
in every startup process it autodetect ALL your hardware.

But in the Debian method, _maybe_ now (i dont know, i dont use it) it will not
autodetect _all_ your hardware, (we have to test it!).

For instance: now Debian uses discover, and it works really good for
autodetection, so....... this is a mess.... at this point, I cant say that
Debian method is better than the Begginer one, but I use the begginer because
I know it works ;)

Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre
* CD Donwload: (http://www.musix.org.ar/en/)
* Colabora: http://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php/Musix099_tasks
* Videos, programas y otras cosas en: ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/
* Reporte de errores a:
https://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php?title=Problemas-Bugs
*IRC: #musix channel on freenode
* http://autosus.wordpress.com/