[Musix-users] RE: Musix-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 1

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 16:07:49 CET 2007

El Lun 05 Feb 2007 15:56, w a y n e escribió:
> Ok - the keyboard switch worked thanks.
>
> The boot options failed. I tried at boot :
> musixrt english >

No, you must try with

"englishrt", not "musixrt english"

> videovesa

ok

> fb1024x768  (and others)
ok

> failsafe
ok

> screen=1280x1024 xvrefresh=60 xhrefresh=80

Did you wrote:
"english screen=1280x1024 xvrefresh=60 xhrefresh=80" ?

Ok, you can test with another refresh rates... I really dont know.

> Also tried videoconfig.sh which i tried all options however it seemed ok
> but Musix New Method seemed to fail.

Well, sometimes it happens: it's based on the new Xorg's autodetection method,
so it should be the best way-

> Finally after auto detect and selecting 'medium' level and stepping through
> the many questions I exited.
>
> This through me to a promt >
> root at tty1[/]#
>
> Anything apart from videoconfig.sh typed here would fail.
>
> Both kdm and start failed.
>
> Any suggestions as I am keen to play with this as it has already recognised
> my Hoontech C-Port DSP24 and plays the startup music during boot.

Also, you can see how does another GNU/Linux system configures your video
hardware, and just copy /etc/X11/xorg.conf into the Musix system (maybe you
will have to change some font paths or so to make it work..., or you can copy
and paste the Musix's /etc/X11/xorg.conf font paths into this new xorg.conf
created by another GNU/Linux system, as instance, Ututo, BLAG, gNewSense)

As a last option, try:

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

> I have a Philips 170s4 LCD monito capable of auto-detect. But it wont.

So, you never see the desktop, never?

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre