[Musix-users] BEHRINGER UCG102

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 08:41:16 CET 2007

Jack problem is solved:

First, the UCG102 digital conversion is only 16 bits.  Secondly, it only samples at 3 rates - 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz.  So I set Jackctl to 16 bit and 44.1.  Still no success.

I then abandoned Jackctl and went to jackd at the command line, and set the Frames/Period to 1024, and it crashed.  Finlally, I increased Frames/Period to 2048 and jackd was running.

With jackd stable from the command line, I started Jackcontrol, and jack remained stable.  Next, it was time to test some applications.

Both Ecamegapedal and Jackrack connected to jackd, applied effect treatments to my guitar, and produced sound through the headphones and recorded tracks to audacity.

The short story is the Behringer UCG102 works with Jack, but may require some tweaking.

-=cybersean=-