[Musix-users] hello

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:02:16 CEST 2007

El Lun 30 Abr 2007 15:44, Sean Edwards escribió:
 | The way I test Musix is if it will boot and run on a
 | very touch IBM
 | NetVista PC.  With Musix 0.50, I had tried for days to
 | come up with the
 | correct boot parameters for the CD to boot.  After
 | finding that and
 | documenting it for myself, I never had a problem
 | booting.
 |
 | With Musix 1.0rc1, I had to do the same thing.  After
 | only 2 evenings, I
 | found this to work for me at the boot prompt:
 |
 | boot: xorgmusix english dma lang=eng noapic acpi=off
 | nomce nopcmcia

This should go to the FAQs!!

See:http://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php/FAQs-en#Some_examples

Note: it should be:

xorgmusix dma lang=en noapic acpi=off nomce nopcmcia

(english is not necessary, because when you start with xorgmusix, you must
type lang=xx)

 | Also, for booting and running from the CD, it is
 | better to have a lot of
 | memory.  I have 768MB, but booting from the CD and
 | running SEQ24,
 | Hydrogen, and ZynAddSubFX with 3 instruments causes
 | the PC to crash.

Crash? freeze?

Weird: here I can load any number of Zynaddsubfx with rosegarden and hydrogen,
I have an AMD Duron 1800, 384 RAM memory, SB Live!

 | When I install Musix on a hard drive, it runs fine.
 |
 | 1) Spend time finding the correct boot options for
 | your PC
 | 2) Make sure you have enough memory.  The CD is 700MB.
 |  Since some of
 | the CD decompresses into memory to run from a virtual
 | disk in RAM, you
 | shoul have at least 1GB RAM to do anything useful with
 | just booding from
 | the CD.

MMm... here with 384 RAM memory works fine, and with 256 should work fine too.

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre

«No te tomes en serio nada que no te haga reír» [un amigo de E. Galeano]
... tampoco sigas al pie de la letra ninguna de estas frases...