[Musix-users] some input

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 22:32:03 CEST 2007

El Jue 26 Abr 2007 06:00, greg h escribió:
 | HI,
 |
 |   My name is Greg and ive been watching musix evolve from version .59 to
 | the current project.

Welcome :)

 | and ive been wondering, have you guy though about
 | intergrating RPM packages to musix?

Well... some packages into Musix were alienized from rpm to deb, but only when
needed (because the deb packages does not exists, or because it's better to
use an rpm, but, these are rare cases...)

 | Im using a different version of linux and customizing it to meet my needs.
 |  and i find myself using a bit of everything from red hat and debian.  and
 | its helping out to the point if my computer crashes or an error occurs
 | that i can boot up in a different file system without losing my data.  as
 | an active musician i also noticed that some RPMs have some very helpful
 | programs to help out the others. audacity has a debian version but i find
 | the red hat version is more stable.

our Audacity from Debian/Stable never crashes... what do you mean with "more
stable"?

 | im not trying to criticize but i would like to  see musix reach its full
 | potential!

 | the only thing i dont agree with in musix is the jack lab...

Do you mean jackd? JACK? JACK Control? qjackctrl?

 | find it giving a humming sound everytime i use it to record.  why is that?

humming? like huuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

or like crsh srksh crshcrsh srksh crshcrsh srksh crshcrsh srksh crshcrsh srksh
crshcrsh srksh crshcrsh srksh crsh

¿?

If it's a hummmm, maybe you have some active input in your sound card that
it's making noise

thanks

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre

«No te tomes en serio nada que no te haga reír» [un amigo de E. Galeano]
... tampoco sigas al pie de la letra ninguna de estas frases...