[Musix-users] installing ams from source

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 15:50:16 CET 2006

El Vie 24 Nov 2006 22:23, Marius Stoica escribió:
> OK,
>
> First of all: I'm from Romania and because I'm speaking a Latin language
> too, there's no problem for me to understand some basic Spanish, so it's
> just ok with the command line... ;) Yes, I've used konsole and I think I've
> choose IceWM-English from KDM.

Well, but, if you do not find a better way to make your console english, type:

export LC_ALL=en
export LANG=en
export LANGUAGE=en

I think it should fix it

> Second: As I read on the INSTALL file of AMS source, you just have to edit
> the Makefile for the paths and then just use make to get the binaries.
> There's no configure (or maybe it's just my confusion - I'm not an advanced
> Linux user).

I do not use AMS, and I am hard (time) involved into Musix 0.79 future
release, so I am afraid I dont have enought time to work on this... did you
tried with the AMS developers?

> I've attached the whole error message, which is quit long so I didn't past
> it all on my last reply.
> I think it would be better, if it's not too much trouble for you, to get
> the AMS source and inspect the files and maybe to try to install it to see
> if we get the same result.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69130

That's the problem: I have to spend my time into Musix for now

> PS: The main issue (which makes the spectrum view to not work) is that at
> the time when AMS was developed there was only a single version of the
> libfftw, using just float. Nowadays there are always two
> versions, one using float (sfftw/sfftw-dev) and one using doubles
> (fftw/fftw-dev). So, the wrong header files are picked up, and the float
> data from AMS is passed to the wrong functions (expecting double),
> resulting in
> garbage. The solution is to edit "spectrumscreen.cpp" (line 12) and "
> spectrumscreen.h" (line 15), and in both, change the
> #include <rfftw.h>
> #include <srfftw.h>
> This is what I found out at the AMS mailing list.

Yes, but into synthdata.cpp, into the file included "In file included from
synthdata.cpp:6:" then the compiler dont find qthread.h and other files

did you looked for them? I mean: qthread.h... where does it is?

All the best,

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre