[Musix-users] KDE: mix of english and spanish...

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 06:10:09 CET 2006

El Dom 05 Nov 2006 03:53, Patrice Brousseau escribió:
> Hi,
>
> First, I really like the Musix distro. I'm kind of new to the Linux world
> and I've found Musix to be the best musix distribution out there (I tried
> Mandrake, DeMudi, 64Studio and Ubuntu).

Well, that's fine

> Now, here's my problem: I customized the distro to my need and prefer to
> work in KDE (I mainly use Rosegarden only in midi mode) but each time I
> reboot, some menus (the Jack Control dialogs to give an example) falls back
> in spanish.

Just into KDE? If you choose icewm-english?

> I modified the values in /etc/sysconfig/i18n to be en_CA but upon reboot,
> the file is back to es_ES at Euro again. I searched a lot to find a way to
> prevent the i18n file to go back in spanish but I was unsuccessful. Is
> there a script somewhere that modify automatically this file at each boot
> (I searched in init.d but found nothing that worked...)?
>
> I hope my explanations are clear.

Yes.

I will check it better tomorrow, but, for now, you can include this lines
into: /usr/bin/startkde

# (hey, this is not the best solution, I am just patching this...)
export LANG=en
export LC_ALL=en_US
. /etc/musix/funciones-i18n
setear_locale en
setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout us -variant basic

I will check it better, regards,

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre