[Musix-users] Wouhou ! Solution for network problem (Problems with 0.49)

julien bodd julien.lociuro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:39:25 CEST 2006

Marco ! carajo, the error is corrected..
I realized that after boot..that I don't have any "lo" interface up! (with
ifconfig)
Wierd!
I checked the file : /etc/network/interfaces, and it was ok :
> auto lo eth0
> iface lo inet loopback
> iface eth0 inet dhcp

It seems that /etc/init.d/networking start does not perform well..
After boot..only the eth0 is up.
And sometimes, nothing..In those cases..I was performing a :
Musix -->Programs -->Knoppix -->Net-->network card configuration.

Then, surprising, again only eth0 were up. Still no loopback.

So I checked the /etc/init.d/networking script..and saw that the restart
option does not make a ifdown of the loopback..
I checked the execution of /etc/init.d/networking restart , and SURPRISING,
still no loopback after..I suppose that Musix -->Programs -->Knoppix
-->Net-->network card configuration use that script..

So I executed myself an : ifdown -a and after an ifup -a..
And : WOUHOU..eth0 and loopback are there...
!!! AND ALL APPS ARE WORKING !!!!

Hmmm..for now, I'll put ifdown and ifup in an init script..so I can finally
play with Musix.

Do you have any idea for the strange behavior?

Thank you for the strace tip !

Julien.