[Musix-users] Re: Problems with 0.49 &devices

julien bodd julien.lociuro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 22:04:07 CEST 2006

I investigated a little further for the SATA controller..
It says that in general kernel 2.6 does not support it..

I read tips like disabling from BIOS :
1) Apic Mode --> disable
2) SATA --> disable OR tranform SATA/RAID to SATA ONLY..

The first option was available on my BIOS..and so I turn that off..
But for the second..I saw nothing..

I also added to the boot options :
noapic, nolapic, acpi-off

But, again..Nothing of all that solved the problem...

Waouw..imagine the day we'll solve this problem..I'll have learned a lot of
things..don't desesperate..it is funny..well..in fact..I want to do
music..but ok..I'll be patient..I hope the problem will be solved..:-)

>From the boot screen msgs..I have also :
"detectecting hardware : open_sock() : No such device"

Also, the message "Starting PCMCIA services : no socket found"
is still there..although I have the nopcmcia option in grub..

(for the 2 messages above..I see that in common they talk about sockets..)

So..where are we?
What's next on the check list :-) ??

Bye bye