[Musix-users] Re: Musix on Asus notebook problem

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 14:20:31 CEST 2006

Regards, Mehmet Okonsar:
> I have trouble starting musix on my Asus notebook.

SATA hardisk? I think not...

> This is a sub-notebook S5 with the CDROM external..
> I got the following message:
> ************************
> Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
> Suspend2 2.2.5: Missing or invalid storage location
> (resume2=parameter). Please correct and rerun Lilo (or equivalent)
> before suspending.
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block(3,14) ************************
> I tried without success the following boot options:
> expert:

So, that's an installed system?

> *************************
> VFS: Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block(3,14)
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
> thanks for the support..

If you are booting from the live CD, check the ISO integrity

md5sum image.iso

If you are using Musix 0.49, it must show you this:

f7ac3b7f5459cb70905d2a2064691ff8

OR: try to burn the CD at lower speed.

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre