[Musix-users] USB Midisport

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 03:38:44 CEST 2006

El Viernes, 23 de Junio de 2006 01:01, MNO escribió:
> Marcos,
>
> The firmware is indeed not distributable and is is essential for the
> midisport to work.
>
> So the hardware will not be able to work with a distro on live CD 'out
> of the box'.

Hi, with your help, and the programers, etc., I build a debianized package for
the OSS firmwares for Midisport, etc., that have GPL licences

You can install it (even from the Live-CD connected to internet):

apt-get install ez-usb-firmwares

Supported:

"The firmware is known to support the following hardware:
- MidiSportUNO (Midiman) : operational (= 1x1)
- MidiSport1x1 (Midiman) : operational
- MidiSport2x2 (Midiman) : operational
- USB-2-MIDI (Steinberg) : operational (= 2x2)
- MidiSport4x4 (Midiman) : first two ports operational, no leds, work in
progress
- MidiSport8x8 (Midiman) : unknown, perhaps like 4x4
"

Please, test it!

How did I builded it?

https://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php/EZ-USB

apt-get install sdcc

apt-get install sgmltools-lite

apt-get install sgml2x

ln -sf /usr/bin/sgmltools /usr/bin/sgml2html

wget -c
http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/linux-hotplug/firmwarehotplug-0.1.tar.gz

tar xvfz firmwarehotplug-0.1.tar.gz

cd firmwarehotplug-0.1/ezusb/midi/original

Edit this file: ezusb/midi/original/Makefile
Change sgml2latex --output=ps $<
to:

sgmltools -b ps $<

So, now you can build the package:

make

make install

Then you can make a deb package using chekinstall -si -D

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre