[Musix-users] FW: > That is not free.

MNO manostienen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 15:32:02 CEST 2006

Hmmm, now i don't understand why ALSA (who is under GNU GPL) can say
on their site that the Midiman products are supported...  (and same
with the Echo Audio Gina...)

It realy would be nice if this issue was a bit clearer. So that people
know what to buy... and what NOT. Hardware is essential, and i hope
Richard Stallman can convince them of the fact that they have a bigger
market if they also can sell hardware to 'GNULUX' users. :-)

(i just invented a new word!!!)

BTW, how is this with other hardware like RME?   Is their firmware
redistributable? And what if 'we' start building our own USB-MIDI
hardware with a firmware under GNU licence?
Still this would be about the same thing, right?

.... I'm stuck...  Should i ditch my hardware, and if i do then what
to buy? (and can i affort it)
Or is that to radical, since ALSA is telling me that they support it.

Mano.