[Musix-users] Gina20 firmware missing

Johannes M. Stolba forbajoe at gmx.net
Tue Jun 20 21:02:20 CEST 2006

MNO wrote:
> Well how i understand it is:
>
> That the newer drivers (1.0.2 and later)  don't use any firmware anymore.
> I asume that you are using those for Musix?
>
> But i'm not sure what Johannes is using...
>
> Lets wait for his reply... maybe i'm wrong.

Hi folks!

well, the firmware must be free software, because it is distributet by
the alsa project.

if you go here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Echo_Corporation#matrix

you find my card in the second line. the dirver is gina20. unfortunately
it says "discontinued", whatever that means in this context?

the problem is, i don't have enough time at the moment to fiddle around
with this thing, but i'll keep you informed as i discover some solutions.

i downloaded the alsa 1.0.11 source plus fimrware source but i couldn't
build it due to an error during the execution of the configure script.
do i need to have the kernel sources installed as well to compile alsa
firmware?

greetingz
johannes

--