[Musix-users] refresh rates continued

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 17:30:15 CEST 2006

El Martes, 13 de Junio de 2006 09:06, DCZX escribió:
> Ok, so I'm using a CRT. I edited xorg.conf and got it
> exactly setup right.

Could you tell us how did you made it? This could help too much people, and we
can put it into the FAQs

> I was amazed when I rebooted and
> everything was back to 60hz again and 1024x768!!!

:S

> I think somehow the "autoconfigurano" or
> autoconfiguration is resetting xorg.conf every time I
> boot up! Is there a way to stop this?

Yes... well, you can rename /usr/sbin/mkxf86config to stop it working

mv /usr/sbin/mkxf86config /usr/sbin/mkxf86config-stoped

Then you can enable it when you want:

mv /usr/sbin/mkxf86config-stoped /usr/sbin/mkxf86config

Just tell me if that fits your needs... there are another ways to do it

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre