[Musix-users] Problems with Musix

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:39:58 CEST 2006

El Jueves, 8 de Junio de 2006 17:32, DCZX escribió:
> Installed the new Musix, and I have some problems:
>
> * My onboard AC97 sound card doesn't work well.
> Recording through the line in is balanced wrong and
> sounds distorted.

Did you tried by changing setting into gamix? Note i say gamix, not
gnome-alsamixer: gamix could set the stereo inpunt in a better way than
gnome-alsamixer

I had the same problem and fixed it with gamix.

Look at the attached file

> * When I use the Live kernel, Musix won't reboot at
> all. (not even "reboot" as root)

2.6.11?

Maybe you should add acpi=force to the kernel's GRUB line... and/or to the
boot prompt when you use the Live-CD:

english dma acpi=force

> * I had to use "alt 4 1" to put an "=" sign in the
> boot options because American keyboards are not
> default or selectable as an option. This makes it very
> difficult for American users to install with options.

I can understand:
It does not work with shift + 0?

We could put some help message in that case.

> * Much remains untranslated, though I understand this
> is still an early version.

Could you tell us what things you think we should translate first?

> Thanks for Musix though, I hope to start using it once
> I get my soundcard working. I really like the new
> backgrounds.

Jorge Salgueiro made them

... well, just tell us what can we make better...

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre