[Musix-users] An experimental version of Musix 0.49 will be available in a few hours/days

Johannes M. Stolba forbajoe at gmx.net
Mon Jun 5 10:31:11 CEST 2006

Marcos Guglielmetti Gmail wrote:
> Musix 0.49 will at least give hardware support for new sound cards, etc. We
> hope you can test it and report errors or success.

Great! I will test it with my Gina20 card. Still didn't really find any
other quick and good solution.

By the way, what do you think about creating a miniMusix CD, which can
be installed to USB/ flash memory for use in selfmade jukeboxes. I have
often seen restaurants, bars etc. using computers as jukeboxes nowadays.
Mostly they either use fu**** expensive proprietary software, or mess
around with shitty windows software.

The concept could be, to just leave away all the pro audio (recording)
apps and only keep the stuff for playing back music. Also all
office/internet stuff could be left out, 'cause who would want to surf
the internet on a jukebox. instead it should be configured to have open
X connections and ssh-server running, for remote access.

There is also at least two scripts available to copy a Live-System to a
USB Stick: Damn Small Linux has one and Puppy Linux as well. One of
these should be included.

Ok. Thats enough. Sorry for bothering you.

Please give us a quick note by the time 0.49 is actually available for
download.

Thanks a lot for your great work!
--
Johannes M. Stolba