[Musix-users] Echoaudio Gina

Johannes M. Stolba forbajoe at gmx.net
Thu Jun 1 14:40:32 CEST 2006

Hi folks!

I recently discovered Musix. Great work!

I have been using Debian and Ubuntu at work and at home for some time.

A couple of days ago I decided to set up a MP3/flac box using an old,
passively cooled PII computer with a CF Card instead of a hard disk.

Unfortunately, Musix 0.4 seemingly does not come with a module for my
Echo Gina (20 Bit converters) soundcard (still on LiveCD, not installed
to the CF card yet).

According to the ALSA docs the module's name should be snd-gina20. This
module seems not to exist in the Musix 0.4 collection.

Is there any other way of getting my Gina20 card working than
re-building ALSA by myself?

If not, would you rather setup a clean Debian system and build your own
Music Station from scratch or would you try to install Musix to disk and
try to replace the ALSA system through the self compiled one?

Thanks for your help!
--
Johannes M. Stolba
Tel.:  +43 3153 71483