[Musix-users] Re: Musix 0.50

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 23:55:14 CEST 2006

El Lunes, 21 de Agosto de 2006 21:10, Sean Edwards escribió:
      > What was the best stable release before 0.50?

It depends on your hardware... for some people, 0.40 goes better, and for
another people, 0.39, and for anothe 0.49... but 0.49 is almost the same as
0.50, so, I would try with 0.39 or 0.40... BUT: did you tried?:

(as root in a text console, of course)

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

or:

videoconfig.sh

?

Did you selected the gentoo autodetection method from videoconfig.sh?

      > I was
      > using 0.31 before trying to upgrade to 0.50 and I can
      > not get X to work at all now.

MMmmmmmmm,............ maybe you did not installed xserver-xorg... to do this,
boot with Musix 0.50, clic on install, select package upgrader, select your
partition, synaptic will open, look for the "xserver-xorg" package, and mark
it to install: it should install xorg.

Also, if you have an internet conection from you NON X Musix installed on HD,
you can apt-get install xserver-xorg (before, always apt-get update)