[Musix-users] Re: Musix 0.50 (Problem with X)

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 16:01:05 CEST 2006

El Jueves, 17 de Agosto de 2006 15:26, Sean Edwards escribió:
      > Same with me.  The error message I get is "/etc/X11/X
      > is not executable"

This file is a symbolic link to another one:

ls -lah /etc/X11/X
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 2006-06-17 01:25 /etc/X11/X -> /usr/bin/Xorg

So, maybe Xorg is not installed on your system, I guess

To install it, you can conect to Internet (if you are not in a desktop
environment, maybe it would be difficult for you, i dont know), and apt-get
install xserver-xorg

Or you can boot with a Musix 0.50 Live CD, start the Installer, choose package
upgrader, choose the partition, synaptic will open and then select
xserver-xorg to install, apply, and you should have Xorg back on your system.