[Musix-users] echo mia sound card drivers not present how to install on livecd?

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Sep 28 23:22:24 CEST 2005

El Mié 28 Sep 2005 22:30, vcvz vcxzv escribió:
> anyway to remaster the cd so that the multimedia kernels are default.
> also if i use the standard kernel 2.6.11 that comes on the livecd 0.26  do
> they have the realtime and preemptive patches already installed for audio
> work?

Maybe when Musix reach 1.0 version ;)

> only way to get mia is for a harddrive intall?

Maybe

> or can i somehow install it
> while boot off of livecd
> thanx

The HD install it's really easy and painfull.........but:

From the Live-CD

You can try by downloading the package alsa-source and compile it, but I dont
know 100% if it should work for the mia driver.... I really dont know.

1)Connect to Internet
2)From a console type

apt-get update

apt-get install alsa-source

module-assistant

or

m-a alsa-source

3) Choose alsa-source form the list and go on thru all the steps

4) modprobe snd-your-soundcard

NOTE:If it dont work, try by enabling all repositories into /etc/sources.list,
and repeat all those steps, but now:

apt-get install alsa-source/experimental

to get the more recent version

Tell us how it goes...

--
Marcos Guglielmetti