[Musix-users] hello i remaster the musix 0.26 to include the new ardour build and dssi-vst :P

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Oct 10 18:00:50 CEST 2005

El Lun 10 Oct 2005 22:44, vcvz vcxzv escribió:
> >It's great, but: we must know how to make a Musix CD with 2 kernels at
> > boot time, and I think that it's not explained there.
> >
> >Do you know how to do it?
> >
> >I remember that knoppix 3.4 allow us to boot with 2 kernel options: 2.4.x
> >and 2.6.x, but then knoppix changed its ways....
>
> no I just followed a howto to basically add/remove apps to the livecd :P
>
> i thought you wanted to boot directly to the multimedia kernel with the
> patches for audio.  why would you need to boot 2 kernels?

Because, it will be better not touch at all the DeMuDi kernel because the
mantainer of this kernel knows what is he doing... but the Knoppix kernel is
better for some hardware detection, so, we need both.

As instance, the demudi kernel do not support fbdev (i know, we could enable
this, but I think that It will be better to use the demudi kernel as it is)

> did you take a 3.8.2 knoppix and add spanish and demudi and made the
> default desktop icewm to make musix 0.26?

Something like this. We used knoppix 3.8.2-ES and made all the needed
modifications.

The DeMuDi kernel is only half-configured into de live CD

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
fecha: lun oct 10 17:55:01 CEST 2005

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam