[Musix-users] Re: Musix GNU+Linux 0.30-final

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Dec 23 21:35:19 CET 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 07:35, you wrote:
> Marcos Guglielmetti schreef:
> >>Hi Marcos,
> >>
> >>I hope you don mind me writing to you off list but I have a
> >> question regarding this release.
> >>First of all I'd like to thank you for this work, to me it's great!
> >
> > hope you could make music with it, what do you play?
>
> Classical organ and piano and also easy listening stuff.

organ: zynaddsubfx, timidity, qsynth, etc.

There is a Korg sp100 sampled into sf2 format to use with Qsynth, but I
think that you will need some Steinway sf2 found browsing internet

> >>However Qsampler is missing. There is an icon on the desktop but
> >> the executable isn't there.
> >
> > Yes, sorry, it's a bug from my part: i must put this info into the
> > WIKI docs
> >
> >>Is there a way I can fix it?
> >
> > Yes, add those lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list
> >
> > #This is another unofficial Debian stable repository.
> > # QSampler and LinuxSampler (straight from their website)
> > deb http://willem.engen.nl/debian/ sarge linuxsampler
> >
> > 	Then you type into a console:
> > apt-get update
> >
> > 	then
> >
> > apt-get install qsampler
> >
> > 	Tell me if this goes well, we must include this info in the musix
> > wiki, thanks
>
> The machine I'm using it on is in my little home studio and is not
> permanently connected to the Internet. It can be hooked up though but
> it takes some time to do this and at this moment I don't have time
> for it. Maybe sometime next week I'll give it a try and report to you
> how things went.
>
> But I'm wondering: When using it as a live-cd does it mean I have to
> do this every time? (I haven't been able to install it to disk so
> far)

If you use it as a live cd: yes

But you can copy qsampler_0.1.2-1_i386.deb to some place in your hard
disk, as instance: /mnt/hda1/qsampler/qsampler_0.1.2-1_i386.deb

and then dpkg -i /mnt/hda1/qsampler/qsampler_0.1.2-1_i386.deb

It could work fine (i dont have time to test it here)

So, you will only have to type

dpkg -i /mnt/hda1/qsampler/qsampler_0.1.2-1_i386.deb

into a root console (xterm, konsole, etc)

By the way: linuxsampler and qsampler are too experimental for now

good luck

--
Marcos Guglielmetti(www.pc-musica.com.ar)
Coordinador del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux (www.musix.org.ar)