[Musix-Help] English install help, wireless question

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en yahoo.com.ar
Jue Oct 13 21:28:49 CEST 2005

El Jueves, 13 de Octubre de 2005 17:38, Jess Gulbranson escribió:
> Hello!

Welcome !

This link is for english users:

> I just wanted to say that I like MUSIX very much,

And we like that! hehe

> and would love to
> start using it better.

Ok...

> My problem is that when I install it to the HD, it
> will not install in the English language.

Mmm. Very strange...

Did you installed Musix before booting with the "english dma" option?

I had installed it here in english (begginer style), and it works fine.

> Can anyone help me?

Sure.

> Also, with my limited Spanish, I was able to make most things work.

If you installed Musix in Begginer or Debian style, KDM should be your Desktop
manager, so, you can copy the attached files to /bin
and  /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions/

Then KDM should show you English Desktop options

If nothing works right, re-install Musix by typing first "english dma" at the
boot: prompt, nad try to select Begginer style.

> glaring exception was my wireless card, which the system found, but
> wouldn't connect to anything.

I dont know anything abouy wireless cards, all I know is that
kwifimanager

is an app to manage those things :(

> I'm fairly new to Linux, and I realize this
> is a common problem with a million different fixes, but I was wondering if
> you folks knew of anything specific to MUSIX.  Thanks!

Search in google:

your card knoppix

Because Musix was made from a Knoppix 3.8.2 system.

Tell us how does it goes

English: